Violin Making Competition | 2019 |Violin Competition
MALTA INTERNATIONAL VIOLIN MAKING COMPETITION™
Malta International Violin Making Competition™ 2020
“We welcome Your Asymmetrical and Classical Ideas”
Malta International Violin Making Competition™ is organized and owned solely by Violin Limited Company, Malta. Taking place January 18 – 22, 2020 in collaboration with Malta International Music Competition®, Central International Music Competition for String Quartet™ and Malta International Composition Competition™. Malta Violin Making Competition™ open for violins, violas, cellos as well as violin, viola, cello and bass bows. Makers of all nations invited to participate.
Re-invention in Violinmaking
“Malta is The New Capital of Violin Making”
THREE Categories are Open for Enrollments: ASYMMETRICAL, CLASSICAL and STRING QUARTET
You may enroll to one or all categories
- The documents to be sent by email: BEFORE 5 DECEMBER 2019
- Application form sent by email together with the Enrollment Fee.
- Copy of ID Card/Passport inciting Name and Surname of the maker.
- Short Bio/CV of the participant.
- Photo of the participant
- 2 photos of every instrument (10*15 cm) must email before 5 December 2019.
- 89 EUR Enrollment Fee (not refundable) per instrument or bow, paid by bank or PayPal
for bank transfer:
Maestro Volodymyr Baran, HSBC Malta plc, Merchants Street 32, Valletta,
IBAN: MT47MMEB44336000000033300898050, BIC/SWIFT: MMEBMTMT
We do not accept instruments or bows sent by post.
Non-Present (not traveling to Malta, willing to take part) violin makers are allowed to send instruments with a representative/colleague. The instrument/s must be enrolled with the fee and documentation mentioned above.
Deadline for Applications – 5 DECEMBER 2019
– Asymmetrical Forms allowed and will be judged separately from the Classical Forms.
– The only instruments and bows have been built within the last 2 years can be submitted.
– Total of 2 instruments/bows allowed per category for every participant. If participating with a String Quartet, the Entire Quartet is considered as one instrument.
– Every participant is advised to present their instrument and is requested to remain for entire time of the competition.
– Violins, violas, cellos and bows have to be built according to generally accepted rules of violin making.
– All instruments and bows must be unlabeled.
– Category Classical Form: Size of Violin (up to 36 cm). Size of Viola (from 40.5 cm to 42.5 cm).
Size for Cello (from 70 cm to 79 cm.)
– Category Asymmetrical Form: Exact specifications have to be sent together with the Application Form.
– Category String Quartet: Violin, Viola and Cello from One Violin Makers.
The International Violin Making Competition consists of three rounds:
1. sizes compliance, choice of material, craftsmanship quality and finishing.
2. tone and playability.
3. balance and performance.
– The exhibition of the competition’s instruments will take place 18 – 22 January, 2020 (9:30-14:00) in Valletta, Mdina and St. Julian’s.
Enrolled instruments/bows must be presented before 10:30 on January 18. The Prize Giving Ceremony will take place 18:00 on 22 January, 2020. Participants will receive locations and other details by email.
The Jury will consist of internationally renowned makers and famous players. The names of the Jurors will be made known two weeks before the competitor starts. If necessary, some of the Jury members might be replaced. The Jury is free to award or to withhold prizes, reserves the right to discard any of instruments. Ex-aequo prizes, special mention awards permitted. The Judges’ decision is final. Legal recourse is not permitted.
- First Prize – an Exhibition in China.
- Three prizes/medals will be awarded over all violins, violas, cellos and bows.
- Special Prize – Handmade Violin Case by Yamaha or Suzuki.
- Every participant will receive a Participation Certificate (by request).
- Ten Finalists will be announced and given “The Honorable Mention” Diplomas.
- Diploma of the First, the Second and the Third Prize will be awarded to winning instruments at the Final Gala and played by the master instrumentalists.
- Prize-Scholarship for the CAA 2021.
The Jury may invite special guests, partners and associations to grant Special Awards for outstanding and unique makers and players.
– The organizers are going to offer a free brochure of the Malta International Violin/Viola Making Competition™ 2020 to participants.
– Violin Limited Company will assist to every participant in order to find a suitable accommodation. We are going to offer an accommodation in best hotels of Malta for a reduced price.
This International Violin Making Competition, Convention and Exhibition are tremendously exciting experience, meeting with hundreds of like-minded personalities, exchanging mutual respect and knowledge. CAA|VFIMF offer opportunities for makers and performers from all continents to compete, exhibit and interact.
The Exhibition of the Central Academy of Arts™ | Malta International Violin/Viola Making Competition™ 2020 will be held from 18 – 22, 2020. All the musical instruments participating in the competition may enter the CAA Exhibition. Competitors are requested to confirm the participation in the CAA Exhibition.
Any makers not taking part in the Malta International Violin/Viola Making Competition 2020 have to apply for the exhibiting their instruments. Enrollment Fee for the Non-Competitors is 50 EUR per instrument. Apply with this Application form by email email@example.com The Expo Organizing Committee will publish photos of the participating instruments in the Malta International Violin Making Competition™ 2020 brochure.
Seminars and tours will be held and available, during the competition, Final Gala Concert will be taking place in Valletta/Mdina on the winning instruments, a celebration party will follow.
Travel, Health Insurance, etc Wide selection of low cost and business air fares to Malta including budget and discount flight deals you can easily find from Ryanair, Easyjet, Vueling and major airlines like Emirates, Lufthansa, Scandinavian and others. Obtaining appropriate travel documents and insurance is the sole responsibility of each participant. Malta International Violin Making Competition™ 2020 | Violin Limited accepts no liability of any kind whatsoever for any personal illness or injury sustained by the competitor or for loss or damage to a competitor’s belongings, including instrument, during transit or while at the competition. Every violin/viola maker must arrange an insurance for their instrument/s. The organizers are authorized to utilize and exploit the recordings in sound, image and digital media as well as for presentation on the internet. For this purpose, all participants cede all requisite rights of use, exploitation and broadcast to the organizers; the right to publish details of the competitors, instruments and pass them to third parties. Malta International Violin Making Competition™ 2020 | Violin Limited has the right to produce and distribute without limit or payment of any fee, audio and/or video recordings of all competition exhibitions, performances, concerts, events etc. The recorded/filmed products are owned solely by the Malta International Violin Making Competition™ 2020 | Violin Limited. The directors of the competition can, under certain circumstances, cancel the competition. This concerns in particular the case in which not enough applications have been received for the competition. Cancellation of the contest entitles participating violin/viola makers only to the reclamation of their Enrollment fee.
For assistance contact Mrs. Yang Mei
For sponsoring email Dr. Andrea Rossini