Violin Making Competition | 2017 |Violin Competition
MALTA VIOLIN MAKING COMPETITION™
Malta International Violin Making Competition™ 2018
“We welcome Your Assymetrical Ideas”
Malta International Violin Making Competition™ is organized and owned solely by Violin Limited Company, Malta. It is going to take place February 9-14, 2018 in collaboration with Malta International Music Competition®, Central International Music Competition for String Quartet™ and Malta International Composition Competition™. Malta Violin Making Competition™ open for violins, violas, cellos as well as violin, viola, cello and bass bows. Professional and amateur makers of all nations invited to participate.
Re-invention in Violinmaking
“Malta is a New Capital of Violin Making”
- The documents to be sent by email:
- Application form sent by email together with the Enrollment Fee.
- Copy of ID Card/Passport inciting Name and Surname of the maker.
- Short Bio/CV of the participant.
- Photo of the participant
- 2 photos of every instrument (10*15 cm) to be send by email before 15 December 2017.
- 89 EUR Enrollment Fee (not refundable) per instrument or bow, paid by bank or PayPal
for bank transfer:
Maestro Volodymyr Baran, HSBC Malta plc, Merchanst Street 32, Valletta,
IBAN: MT47MMEB44336000000033300898050, BIC/SWIFT: MMEBMTMT
After a large amount of requests, a Non-Present (not traveling to Malta, wishing to take part) violin makers are allowed to send instruments with a representative/colleague. An additional of 98 EUR is going to be charged for this option.
– Assymetrical Forms allowed.
– The only instruments and bows have been built within the last 2 years can be submitted.
– Total of 2 instruments allowed per participant.
– Every participant has to present their instrument and is requested to remain for entire time of the competition.
– Violins/violas have to be built according to generally accepted rules of violin making.
– For Classical Form: Size of Violin (up to 36 cm). Size of Viola (from 42.5 cm to 40.5 cm).
– For Assymetrical Form: Exact specifications have to be sent together with the Application Form.
The International Violin Making Competition consists of three rounds:
1. sizes compliance, choice of material, craftsmanship quality and finishing.
2. tone and playability.
3. balance and performance.
– The exhibition of the competition’s instruments will take place 9-14 February 2018 (9:30-14:00) in Valletta, Mdina and St. Julian’s.
The Jury will consist of internationally renowned makers and famous players. The names of the Jurors will be made known two weeks before the competitor starts. If necessary, some of the Jury members might be replaced. The Jury is free to award or to withhold prizes, reserves the right to discard any of instruments. Ex-aequo prizes, special mention awards permitted. The Judges’ decision is final. Legal recourse is not permitted.
- First Prize – an Exhibition in China
- Three prizes/medals will be awarded over all violins, violas and bows.
- Every participant will receive a Participation Certificate.
- Ten Finalists will be announced and given “The Honorable Mention” Diplomas.
- Diploma of the First, the Second and the Third Prize will be awarded to winning instruments at the Final Gala and played by the master instrumentalists.
- Prize-Scholarship for the CAA 2019
The Jury may invite special guests, partners and associations to grant Special Awards for outstanding and unique makers and players.
– The organizers are going to offer a free brochure of the Malta International Violin/Viola Making Competition™ 2017 to participants.
– Violin Limited Company will assist to every participant in order to find a suitable accommodation. We are going to offer an accommodation in best hotels of Malta for a reduced price.
This International Violin Making Competition, Convention and Exhibition are tremendously exciting experience, meeting with hundreds of like-minded personalities, exchanging mutual respect and knowledge. CAA|VFIMF offer opportunities for makers and performers from all continents to compete, exhibit and interact.
The Exhibition of the Central Academy | Malta International Violin/Viola Making Competition™ 2018 will be held from February 9th to February 14th, 2018. All the musical instruments participating in the competition may enter the CAA Exhibition. Competitors are requested to confirm the participation in the CAA Exhibition.
Any makers not taking part in the Malta International Violin/Viola Making Competition 2018 have to apply for the exhibiting their instruments. Enrollment Fee for the Non-Competitors is 50 EUR per instrument. Apply with this Application form by email email@example.com The Expo Organizing Committee will publish photos of the participating instruments in the Malta International Violin Making Competition™ 2018 brochure.
Seminars and tours will be held and available, during the competition, Final Gala Concert will be taking place in Valletta/Mdina on the winning instruments, a celebration party will follow.
Travel, Health Insurance, etc Wide selection of low cost and business air fares to Malta including budget and discount flight deals you can easily find from Ryanair, Easyjet, Vueling and major airlines like Emirates, Lufthansa, Scandinavian and others. Obtaining appropriate travel documents and insurance is the sole responsibility of each participant. Malta International Violin Making Competition™ 2018 | Violin Limited accepts no liability of any kind whatsoever for any personal illness or injury sustained by the competitor or for loss or damage to a competitor’s belongings, including instrument, during transit or while at the competition. Every violin/viola maker must arrange an insurance for their instrument/s. The organizers are authorized to utilize and exploit the recordings in sound, image and digital media as well as for presentation on the internet. For this purpose, all participants cede all requisite rights of use, exploitation and broadcast to the organizers; the right to publish details of the competitors, instruments and pass them to third parties. Malta International Violin Making Competition™ 2018 | Violin Limited has the right to produce and distribute without limit or payment of any fee, audio and/or video recordings of all competition exhibitions, performances, concerts, events etc. The recorded/filmed products are owned solely by the Malta International Violin Making Competition™ 2018 | Violin Limited. The directors of the competition can, under certain circumstances, cancel the competition. This concerns in particular the case in which not enough applications have been received for the competition. Cancellation of the contest entitles participating violin/viola makers only to the reclamation of their Enrollment fee.
For assistance contact Mrs. Wei Sun
For sponsoring email Dr. Andrea Rossini