Violin Making Competition | 2019 |Violin Competition
Central International String Quartet Competition™ 2019
String Quartets are welcomed WITHOUT instruments. Malta International Violin Making Competition™ will provide Instruments to Ensembles.
Central International String Quartet Competition is scheduled for January 29-February 2, 2019. It attracts motivated string quartets (two violins, viola and cello), with members under 39 years old. The total age of the members of each string quartet must not exceed 156 (one hundred fifty six) years on 2 February 2019 (included). Quartets of all nations invited to participate.
LIMITED TO ACCEPT 8 STRING QUARTETS ONLY
- The documents must be sent by email BEFORE DECEMBER 5, 2018
- Application form sent by email together with the Enrollment Fee.
- bio of the quartet and personal bio of each member.
- copy of an id or passport for each member of the quartet.
- recent photo of the quartet.
- formal declaration authorizing the quartet to fulfill its obligations as participants of the Competition, from the quartet agents, other similar organizations or recording companies.
- 129 EUR Enrollment Fee (not refundable) per quartet, paid by bank or PayPal
for bank transfer:
Maestro Volodymyr Baran, HSBC Malta plc, Merchanst Street 32, Valletta,
IBAN: MT47MMEB44336000000033300898050, BIC/SWIFT: MMEBMTMT
Deadline 5 December 2018
– an Entire Composition from baroque, early classic or classic.
– an Entire Composition from early romantic or impressionism/expressionism.
– a Composition specially written for the Competition (will be send on the 25th December 2018).
29 January 2019, 15:30-17:30, participants must register at “Cavalieri Art Hotel”, (St. Julian’s). Delays will not be tolerated. The order of performances will be established on 29 January 2019 around 18:30. The prize-giving ceremony and concert will be held 2 February 2019 at 18:00 in Magisterial Palace in Mdina (Mdina Local Council, Citta’ Notabile)- TO BE CONFIRMED. Once the Application Form submitted, no changes allowed! Three complete sets of scores of the performance repertoire will be required of string quartet.